Are you tired of small, noiseless and reliable drive emulators? Looking to impress friends with the oldest, dirtiest computer on the block? If so I have something just for you!
Announcing a new device – the Good Optical Drive, or GOD in short. You can now restore your machine to it’s old electromechanical glory with the slowest, most power hungry motors I could find.
- Nostalgia factor x100 from the smell of old dust and tobacco smoke alone.
- You get to feel old just by looking at it and knowing what it is.
- Live in Texas? This will double as house heater come next winter storm.
- Watch the street lights dim and go out as you power it on.
- Finally a proper load for that 6MVA military surplus diesel generator you bought.
- The sweet, sweet whine of dry, rusted bearings – no moving parts were ever cleaned or lubricated.
- Old, yellow and brittle plastics that will snap off right after unpacking.
- Makes a quick and simple tester for your house smoke detectors (*).
- And best of all, it sometimes even works and does not destroy the disc!
(*) actual fire not guaranteed.
GOD will be available in limited quantity on first come, first served basis. Get your GOD now!