- GDEMU is compatbile with VA1 model Dreamcasts from all regions
IMPORTANT: VA2 model is not compatible. Mating GDEMU with VA0 model mainboard is possible but will cause permanent damage to the device. See installation instructions.
Supported image types:
- GDI (for GD-ROMs)
- ISO (as data carriers for homebrew)
IMPORTANT: Recently some new dumping groups have been releasing GDIs dumped with PC CD-ROM drive using so-called “swap method”. Technically there is nothing wrong with it except for slightly different “offset” on audio tracks compared to what Dreamcast drive would produce, nothing you’d even notice. But they’ve changed the way track starting address is calculated and as a result all games that have digital audio, or data split beyond track #3, will not work properly. This is not a GDEMU issuse and there is no fix planned for this – avoid such dumps.
- Every image must be put in a separate folder
- Folder names must consist of:
- 2 digits for 01 to 99
- 3 digits up to 999
- 4 digits up to 9999
- All file names must be in DOS 8.3 format
- The main image file must be called “disc” with appropriate extension
IMPORTANT: Long filenames are not supported, neither are names containing non-ASCII characters. You can, however, put a file named with the game title in each folder for better organization, even if it’s a long name – it will be ignored by GDEMU.
An example of correct filenames for GDI image: