DocBrown firmware (internal operating software) can be updated by placing a special file on the SD card. For the procedure to work properly you must follow these instructions to the letter:
IMPORTANT: DO NOT reflash your device at the very first sign of trouble. In 99.99% of cases the problem is something you did (or didn’t do) and not a FW bug. Check what version you have first using Almanac.
- Extract the firmware file and rename it to “DocBrown.fw”
- Place the file in the root folder of the SD card
- Move the write protect tab at the side of the card to “Lock” position
- Insert the card into DocBrown socket with Marty powered off
- Power on the console, status LED will start blinking very quickly
- Wait until LED blinking pattern changes to 1/2 second on, 1/2 second off
- Power off Marty, remove the card, unlock the tab
- Remove the file from the card to avoid accidental update
IMPORTANT: If at any time during firmware update status LED stays completly on or off, or blinks in unexpected pattern, it means an error has occured. Retry the procedure, use a different card if the problem persists.
Latest firmware: 1.5.1
- Rebuilt with newer compiler
- Added support for Marty’s Almanac
- Fixed rare FW corruption issue